Lanteglos-by-Fowey (Old Cornish: Nant Eglos, meaning "church valley") is a coastal civil parish in south Cornwall, England. It is situated on the east side of the tidal estuary of the River Fowey which separates it from the town and civil parish of Fowey.
The village of Lanteglos Highway is in the north of the parish.
The parish church of Saint Wyllow is at Churchtown hamlet (50.334°N 4.608°W) just over a mile (2 km) to the south of Lanteglos Highway. St Saviour church (a chapel-of-ease of the parish church) is situated in Polruan, the largest settlement in the parish.
The riverside village of Bodinnick lies to the west of the parish. A car ferry to Fowey departs from there.
The hamlet of Whitecross (50.346°N 4.616°W) lies between Lanteglos Highway and Bodinnick.
The hamlet of Mixtow lies on the River Fowey to the west. There was a lime kiln here and a watermill to the north at Castle.
Pont Pill is a tidal creek which runs through the parish. The hamlet of Pont (50.334°N 4.608°W) lies on the stream running into the pill. There was a quey, granary, two limekilns, malt house, warehouse, corn mill, three watermills (dating from 1298, 1309 and 1423) a sawmill, beer house and blacksmith in Pont.
Lanteglos-by-Fowey was part of the Liskeard Rural District from 1894 until 1974.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.