- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Lanner (Cornish: Lannergh) or Lanarth is a village and civil parish in west Cornwall, England. It is situated about 2 miles (3.2 km) southeast of Redruth.
Lanner is in the St Day, Carharrack and Lanner ward within the unitary authority of Cornwall (and formerly in Camborne-Redruth Urban District. The ward had a collective population of 5,438 in the UK census of 2001 of which 2,493 (abouth 45%) were living in Lanner.
Until constituted an ecclesiastical parish in 1844 Lanner (or Lannarth) was part of the parish of Gwennap.
- end of Wikipedia contribution
It would appear that, as a civil parish, it was part of Gwennap, but A Vision of Britain through Time and Wikipedia provide very little evidence.
One of the many maps available on A Vision of Britain through Time is one from the Ordnance Survey Series of 1900 illustrating the parish boundaries of Cornwall at the turn of the 20th century. This map blows up to show all the parishes and many of the small villages and hamlets.
The following websites have pages explaining their provisions in WeRelate's Repository Section. Some provide free online databases.
- GENUKI makes a great many suggestions as to other websites with worthwhile information about Cornwall as well as providing 19th century descriptions of each of the ecclesiastical parishes.
- FamilySearch Wiki provides a similar information service to GENUKI which may be more up-to-date.
- A Vision of Britain through Time has
- organization charts of the hierarchies of parishes within hundreds, registration districts and rural and urban districts of the 20th century
- excerpts from a gazetteer of circa 1870 outlining individual towns and parishes
- reviews of population through the time period 1800-1960
- More local sources can often be found by referring to "What Links Here" in the column on the left.
Categories: Cornwall, England | Kerrier Hundred, Cornwall, England | Redruth Rural, Cornwall, England | Camborne-Redruth, Cornwall, England | Gwennap, Cornwall, England | Lannarth, Cornwall, England