Lac-Saint-Louis was a village in the historical county of Beauharnois.
The village of Lac-Saint-Louis was established on 14 Oct 1919
In 1953, the name of the village was changed to Melocheville.
On 1 Jan 2002, Melocheville merged with the ville of Beauharnois and the ville of Maple Grove. This new municipality adopted the name Beauharnois, and is currently located in the Regional County Municipality of Beauharnois-Salaberry, Montérégie, Québec, Canada.
"MELOCHEVILLE, a post village in Beauharnois co., Que., at the outlet of the Beauharnois Canal, in Lake St. Louis, 3 miles from Beauharnois, on the G.T.R.,and 30 miles from Montreal. It contains 1 foundry, flour mill, 2 churches, 1 hotel and 2 stores. Pop. 400."