A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Knodishall from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Knodishall is a village in Suffolk, England. The village is located 3.5 miles (6 km) southeast of Saxmundham and 1 mile (2 km) southwest of Leiston, its current post town. Most of the village is now in Coldfair Green (redirected here), with only a few houses remaining in the original village by the parish church of St Lawrence. Buxlow has also been redirected here.
It would appear that Knodishall was spelled Knoddishall in the nineteenth century. Its population was 852 in the 2011 UK census and it has been part of the Suffolk Coastal District since 1974.