Knebworth is a village and civil parish in the North Hertfordshire District of Hertfordshire, England, immediately south of Stevenage. The civil parish covers an area between the villages of Datchworth, Codicote, Kimpton, Whitwell, St Paul's Walden and Langley, and encompasses the village of Knebworth, the small village of Old Knebworth and Knebworth House.
The original village, now known as Old Knebworth, developed around Knebworth House. Development of the newer Knebworth village started in the late 19th century centred a mile to the east of Old Knebworth on the new railway station and the Great North Road (subsequently the A1, and now the B197 since the opening of the A1(M) motorway in 1962). Knebworth has a population of about 4,500 (21st century estimate).
At the turn of the century the architect Edwin Lutyens built Homewood, southeast of Old Knebworth, as a dower house for Edith Bulwer-Lytton. Her daughter, the suffragette Constance Lytton also lived there, until just before her death in 1923.