Kingwood Township is a township in Hunterdon County, New Jersey, United States, located on the Hunterdon Plateau. As of the 2010 United States Census, the township's population was 3,845, reflecting an increase of 63 (+1.7%) from the 3,782 counted in the 2000 Census, which had in turn increased by 457 (+13.7%) from the 3,325 counted in the 1990 Census.
Kingwood Township is one of the westernmost townships of Hunterdon County. Kingwood was originally established around 1749 when it was created from Bethlehem Township, though the exact details are uncertain. Kingwood was incorporated by Act of the New Jersey Legislature on February 21, 1798, as one of New Jersey's initial group of 104 townships. Portions of the township were taken to form Franklin Township on April 7, 1845. Frenchtown borough acquired portions of the township in 1876.