Kings Langley is a historic and civil parish in Hertfordshire, England, 21 miles (34 km) northwest of central London and to the south of the Chiltern Hills. The village is divided between two local government districts by the River Gade with the larger western portion in the Borough of Dacorum and smaller part, to the east of the river, in the Three Rivers District.
It was once the location of Kings Langley Palace, a royal palace of the Plantagenet kings of England. The 12th century parish church of All Saints' houses the tomb of Edmund of Langley (1341–1402), the first Duke of York.
The place-name Langley is first attested here in a Saxon charter of circa 1050, where it appears as Langalega. It is spelt Langelai in the Domesday Book of 1086, and is recorded as Langel' Regis in 1254. The name means 'long wood or clearing'.
Kings Langley parish contained the hamlet and chapelry of Chipperfield which did not become a separate civil parish until 1958. Tower Hill was another hamlet in the parish which became part of Chipperfield in 1958.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Kings Langley.