|Alt names||Chelmestune||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 124|
|Kilmiston||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Fawley Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Alresford Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Winchester Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|Winchester District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Kilmeston is a small village and civil parish in the Winchester District or City of Winchester of Hampshire.
Kilmeston Manor, a substantial country house, is a grade II* listed building.
The parish church of St Andrew has its origin in medieval times. Rebuilt in 1772 and again in the late 19th century, it is a grade II listed building.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 3, chapter on Kilmeston.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Kilmeston, Hampshire, England | Fawley Hundred, Hampshire, England | Alresford Rural, Hampshire, England | Winchester Rural, Hampshire, England | Winchester District, Hampshire, England