Extracts pertaining to local and historical information are taken from a Topographical Dictionary of Ireland by Samuel Lewis published in 1837.
KILBRIDE, a parish, in the barony of UPPER ANTRIM, county of ANTRIM, and province of ULSTER, 2 1/4 miles (W. N. W.) from Ballyclare, on the road from Ballymena to Doagh; containing 1849 inhabitants. This parish comprises, according to the Ordnance survey, 5641 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Connor, and part of the union of Donegore: the tithes amount to £373. 3. 4 1/2. There is no church; divine service is performed in a school-house every Sunday. About 240 children are taught in four private schools, and there are three Sunday schools.