- source: Family History Library Catalog
Reepham with Kerdiston is a merger of two ancient parishes in northern
Norfolk that occurred so far back in time that there are few references to Kerdiston outside Reepham with Kerdiston. Reepham, on its own, refers to the modern civil parish formed in 1935. The two parishes were so close together that their parish churches were located on the same piece of land. (See The FamilySearch Wiki.)
The parish, both civil and ecclesiastical, continued under the same name until 1935 when the name of the civil parish was changed to Reepham and absorbed two further civil parishes. (See Reepham for further information about the town's organization since 1935.)
Kerdiston (also known as Kerdistone) has been redirected here with the description from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72 (courtesy of A Vision of Britain through Time)
- "KERDISTONE, a parish in Aylsham district, Norfolk; 1½ mile NW of Reepham, and 7½ ENE of Elmham [railway] station. Post town, Reepham, under Norwich. Acres: 1,680. Real property: £2,604. Population: 207. Houses: 41. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Reepham, in the diocese of Norwich."
The sources listed in "What Links Here" (on the left) is all that is in the FamilySearch Library Catalogue under Reepham with Kerdiston, but there may be others in the list for Reepham (particularly the standard reference for nineteenth century censuses). Both the FamilySearch Wiki and GENUKI have lists of general references (possibly with no genealogical connection) for Reepham with Kerdiston through the centuries.
- The FamilySearch Wiki has the best description of Reepham with Kerdiston that the writer has found. It is based on A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 652-655 by Samuel A. Lewis. Date accessed: 07 May 2013.
- GENUKI does not have a specific link for Reepham with Kerdiston. The link for Reepham leads to this page for all of Norfolk in which there may be some references for Reepham in an individual online publication.
- Population statistics for Reepham with Kerdiston up to 1801 provided by GENUKI
- The Ordnance Survey Map of Norfolk revised 1944 illustrates Reepham and the surrounding parishes which, by the time of the map, had been absorbed into the parish.
- GENUKI also advises that the following lists for Norfolk are to be found in FamilySearch:
- England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1510-1997
- England, Norfolk Archdeacon's Transcripts, 1600-1812
- England, Norfolk Bishop's Transcripts, 1685-1941
- England, Norfolk Marriage Bonds, 1557-1915
- England, Norfolk Non-conformist Records, 1613-1901