|Alt names||Chelchefeld||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 307|
|Chelchefelt||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 307|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||East Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Riccal Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which Kelfield was situated 1894-1935|
|Derwent Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district in which Kelfield was situated 1935-1974|
|Selby District, North Yorkshire, England||administrative district of which Kelfield has been a part since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Kelfield is a small village and civil parish now located in the Selby District of North Yorkshire, England.
It is situated on the northern bank of the River Ouse, equidistant between the villages of Riccall, Cawood and Stillingfleet, approximately 5 miles north-west of Selby.
From 1894 until 1935, Kelfield was located in Riccal Rural District. In 1935 the Rical Rural District was abolished and its place was taken by Derwent Rural District which administered the local area until the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974. Since 1974, Kelfield has been in the Selby District of North Yorkshire.
Historically, Kelfield was in the ecclesiastical parish of Stillingfleet in the wapentake of Ouse and Derwent.
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
- GENUKI on Kelfield. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Stillingfleet provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Kelfield.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps of the East Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
Categories: East Riding of Yorkshire, England | North Yorkshire, England | Riccal Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Derwent Rural, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Ouse and Derwent Wapentake, East Riding of Yorkshire, England | Kelfield, East Riding of Yorkshire, England