Kandahar is a small hamlet on Highway 16 near Wynyard, Saskatchewan, Canada, named by Canadian Pacific Railway executives in the late 19th century for a British military victory in Kandahar, Afghanistan. In 1925, Kandahar was listed as a Canadian Pacific Railway Ltd. Station on the Minnedosa, Saskatoon, Edmonton Section, CPR. From 1910 to 1913, the spelling of the post office was Candahar. The hamlet is too small to be enumerated on its own, so its population belongs to the Rural Municipality of Big Quill No. 308
It is located near the south shore of Big Quill Lake, the largest inland body of salt water in Canada. Until the 1970s it was a thriving town with various stores and attractions, including a popular steak house. However, in the late 1980s the village's only school closed, and the population has steadily decreased since.
The one room school house was named Kandahar School District #3333.