|Name||Ingram Linhope and Greenshawhill|
|Alt names||Greenshawhill||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Linhope||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England (1866 - 1955)|
|See also||Ingram, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Glendale Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Ingram, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Ingram Linhope and Greenshawhill was a township in the ancient parish of Ingram. It became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1888 it absorbed the township of Hartside which had previously been grouped with Fawdon and Clinch. From 1894 until 1955 it was part of Glendale Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished along with that of Fawdon and Clinch and the whole area took on the simplified name of Ingram.
See 19th century description of Ingram in A Vision of Britain through Time.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.