- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Ingoe from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "INGOE, a township in Stamfordham parish, Northumberland; 9¼ miles NE by N of Hexham. Acres: 2,165. Population: 243. Houses: 49. The manor belongs to the Duke of Northumberland. Ingoe Hall is a chief residence. There is a Primitive Methodist chapel."
In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and most of the area was transferred to the new civil parish of Matfenn. The remainder of the area was absorbed into Belsay at the same time. (Source: A Vision of Britain through Time)
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Ingoe, Northumberland, England | Stamfordham, Northumberland, England | Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England | Belsay, Northumberland, England | Matfen, Northumberland, England