- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
Illingworth is a village within the Metropolitan Borough of Calderdale, in West Yorkshire, England. It is situated 3.3 miles (5.3 km) north-west of Halifax and was part of the suburb named Ovenden. In the 20th century it expanded sufficiently to become a ward in its own right under Calderdale Metropolitan Borough.
Historically, Illingworth was in the ecclesiastical parish of Halifax in the Morley Division of the
wapentake of Agbrigg and Morley.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Illingworth, West Yorkshire.
- [www.genuki.org.uk/big/eng/YKS/WRY/Halifax/more.html GENUKI] on Illingworth. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Halifax provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Illingworth.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to three maps for what is now South Yorkshire, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding South 1900. The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (the southern part of Bradford, the southern part of Leeds, the southern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the southern part of Selby, Goole Rural District, and all the divisions of Halifax, Huddersfield, Wakefield, Doncaster, Barnsley, Rotherham and Sheffield)
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the whole of the West Riding after the revisions of 1935.