- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Idbury from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "IDBURY, a parish in Chipping-Norton [registration] district, Oxford; adjacent to Gloucestershire, 2½ miles SSW of Chipping-Norton Junction [railway] station, and 5½ N by W of Burford. It contains the hamlets of Bowld and Foscott; and its post town is Fifield, under Chipping-Norton. Acres: 1,370. Real property: £2,448. Population: 233. Houses: 46. The manor belongs to F. F. Turvell, Esq. There are vestiges of a large Roman camp. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Oxford; and was annexed in 1865 to Fifield. The church is early English; was recently restored; and has a rich N door and a tower. Charities, £14."