- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Originally, Hutton Wandesley was a hamlet in the ecclesiastical parish of Long Marston in Ainsty Wapentake. It became a civil parish in 1866 and from 1894 until 1974, it was located in Wetherby Rural District. In 1974 the area became part of the Harrogate District of North Yorkshire. In 1988 the parishes were redrawn and Hutton Wandesley became part of Long Marston civil parish.
- GENUKI on Hutton Wandesley. The GENUKI page gives numerous references to local bodies providing genealogical assistance.
- The FamilySearch wiki on the ecclesiastical parish of Long Marston provides a list of useful resources for the local area.
- A Vision of Britain through Time on Hutton Wandesley.
- A Vision of Britain through Time also provides links to maps of the West Riding, produced by the United Kingdom Ordnance Survey, illustrating the boundaries between the civil parishes and the rural districts at various dates. Those listed here provide data for the part of the West Riding that transferred to North Yorkshire in 1974 plus the northern parts of Leeds and Bradford. These maps all blow up to a scale that will illustrate small villages and large farms or estates.
- Ordnance Survey West Riding 1888. The "Sanitary Districts (which preceded the rural districts) for the whole of the West Riding.
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1900 The rural and urban districts, not long after their introduction. (rural districts of Sedbergh, Settle, Skipton, Pateley Bridge, Ripon, Knaresborough, Great Ouseburn, Clitheroe, Wharfedale, Wetherby, York, Bishopthorpe, Keighley, the northern part of Bradford, the northern part of Leeds, the northern part of Hunslet Urban District, the northern part of Tadcaster Rural District, the northern part of Selby Rural District)
- Ordnance Survey Northern part of the West Riding 1944. The urban and rural districts of the northern part of the West Riding (mostly Settle, Skipton, Ripon and Pateley Bridge, and Nidderdale, with sections of Wharfedale and Wetherby) after the revisions of 1935.
- Ordnance Survey Southern part of the West Riding 1944 shows the southern part of the West Riding (including the southern part of Wetherby Rural District).