|Alt names||Eisseburne||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 124|
|Hurstbourne-Priors||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Evingar Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Whitchurch Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1932|
|Kingsclere and Whitchurch Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1932-1974|
|Basingstoke and Deane District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Hurstbourne Priors is a small village and civil parish in the Basingstoke and Deane District of Hampshire, England. Its nearest town is Whitchurch, which lies approximately 1.8 miles (3.1 km) northeast from the village.
The church of St Andrew the Apostle is the oldest existing church in the Diocese of Winchester.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Hurstbourne Priors.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Hurstbourne Priors, Hampshire, England | Evingar Hundred, Hampshire, England | Whitchurch Rural, Hampshire, England | Kingsclere and Whitchurch Rural, Hampshire, England | Basingstoke and Deane District, Hampshire, England