Nostell is a village in the City of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England, near Hemsworth. It is in the civil parish of Huntwick with Foulby and Nostell, which has a population of 90, and is the site of an Augustinian priory which received its charter in 1121.
Nostell Priory is an 18th-century Palladian historic house, with interiors by Robert Adam and furniture by Thomas Chippendale. The house was owned by the Winn family and is now in the care of the National Trust.
Coal mining at Nostell began in the 9th Century and continued until 1987. Nostell Colliery was known locally as 'the family pit' due to the welfare schemes introduced by the Winn family far in advance of similar schemes prior to nationalisation. In 1880, terraced houses were built close by to the colliery and the settlement was nicknamed 'Cribbins Lump' after the builder by the inhabitants. The settlement was later renamed 'New Crofton' by Lord St Oswald but the nickname remained until the houses were demolished in the 1980s.
Nostell also has a Cricket Club, established pre 1897, located opposite the Priory.