|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Broxton (hundred), Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Great Boughton Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part 1837-1871|
|Chester Registration District, Cheshire, England||registration district of which it was part after 1871|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England||unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
|Chester St. Oswald, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was part until 1866|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Huntington is a civil parish on the southern outskirts of Chester in the unitary authority of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. At the 2001 Census, the population of the entire civil parish was 1,961. The population according to the census of the 1801 was 111, becoming 129 in 1851, 121 in 1901 and 2,614 in 1951.
Prior to 1866 it was a township of the ancient parish of Chester St. Oswald as were many of the surrounding townships.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Broxton (hundred), Cheshire, England | Great Boughton Registration District, Cheshire, England | Chester Registration District, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester, Cheshire, England | Chester St. Oswald, Cheshire, England | Huntington, Cheshire, England