Horton is a village in Northamptonshire, England. After demolition of the east of the earlier village, but not the parish church it occupies the west gate surroundings of a garden, once a large private wealthy proprietor's stately home, which rendered it for 400 years an 'estate village'. It is subsidiary to the village to the west, Hackleton and in that civil parish. Its hall Horton Hall, demolished, was home to the first governor of the Bank of England and William Parr, 1st Baron Parr of Horton. An outline of its former nucleus can be seen in neighbouring fields, by its grade II park and garden which features and ornamental bridge.
These two maps show the boundaries of the individual civil parishes in the county in 1900 and in 1944. Comparing the two on a local level allows one to understand the alterations (should there be any) which occurred during the interim period which are noted in the text above.