Hopkinsville is an unincorporated community in northern Hamilton Township, Warren County, Ohio, United States, about one mile north of Maineville, two miles south of South Lebanon, and three miles northwest of Fosters at the crossroads of State Route 48 and the 3C Highway. The town, which lies in Virginia Military District Military Survey 2956, was established circa 1808, the first settlement of Hamilton Township. It was named for Colonel John Hopkins. The first post office in the township was opened there in 1825, but has been closed. It is familiarly known as "Hoptown".