Hope is a village in the Derbyshire Peak District, in England. It lies in the Hope Valley, at the point where Peakshole Water flows into the River Noe. To the north, Win Hill and Lose Hill stand either side of the Noe.
Traces of a Roman fort can be found in the hamlet of Brough-on-Noe, just east of the village. Its Roman name was Navio, and was later renamed with the Old English word for fort, brough. Edward the Elder granted lands at Hope to Uhtred, son of Eadulf of Bamburgh. These grants were confirmed by Æthelstan. There are many remains from the site in Buxton Museum.
The village is also known for its well dressing.
The parish church has two ancient crosses in its grounds. The shaft of a sandstone cross dating from the Anglo-Saxon period stands seven feet high and is carved on all faces. The cross may well have originated in the church grounds and a possible base now supports a sundial, but from the English Civil War until 1858, it was hidden in the village school. The stump of the Eccles Cross, originally near Eccles House, south of Hope, is also in the graveyard. Between 2 and 28 July 2011, the church was broken into and about 15 items dating as far back as 1662, including two silver chalices and a pewter plate, were found to have been stolen.