Hollym airfield lies just to the north of the village and is suitable for light aircraft.
The parish church of St Nicholas is a Grade II listed building.
In 1823 Hollym was parish in the Wapentake and Liberty of Holderness. St Nicholas' Church was built in 1814 by the then vicar. Population at the time was 260. Occupations included seventeen farmers, a corn miller, a schoolmaster, and the landlady of The Plough public house. A carrier operated between the village and Hull once a week.