The rural district of Hinckley was set up in 1894, covering the rural area around Hinckley, Leicestershire, England. It was named for Hinckley, but did not include it. It was created by the Local Government Act 1894 based on the Hinckley Rural Sanitary District.
The district was split up in 1935, under the review caused by the Local Government Act 1929, with part going to Hinckley urban district, and most of the rest going to Blaby Rural District and Market Bosworth Rural District. Small parts went to Nuneaton and Atherstone Rural District.