Highwood is a village in the Chelmsford District, in the county of Essex. It contains the named areas of Loves Green and Edney Common. It is about a mile away from the A414 road and a few miles away from the town centre of Chelmsford.
The parish was part of the Chelmsford Rural District from 1894 until 1974. In 1955 it absorbed a large part of Writtle, the neighbouring parish to the north. Highwood was not a civil parish prior to this transfer of land. (Source:A Vision of Britain through Time)