Place:Highgate, Saskatchewan, Canada

Watchers
NameHighgate
TypeUnincorporated area
Coordinates52.867°N 108.417°W
Located inSaskatchewan, Canada     (1919 - )
Also located inBattle River No. 348, Saskatchewan, Canada    
source: The Atlas of Canada


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Highgate, Saskatchewan is an unincorporated area in the rural municipality of Battle River No. 438, Saskatchewan, in the Canadian province of Saskatchewan. Highgate is located on Saskatchewan Highway 16, the Yellowhead in north western Saskatchewan. Highgate siding, a railroad siding and post office first opened in 1919 at the legal land description of Sec.17, Twp.45, R.17, W3. The population is smaller than a hamlet, and is counted within the RM. Highgate is located just north west of North Battleford, Saskatchewan.


Highgate was named by Harry Cameron, conductor of the first train through this siding in 1905, for his home Highgate, England. Source:Russell, E. T. What's in a Name : The Story Behind Saskatchewan Place Names

This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Highgate, Saskatchewan. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.