|Name||High and Low Trewhitt|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England ( - 1955)|
|See also||Rothbury, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Rothbury Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Netherton, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of High and Low Trewhitt from John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles of 1887:
- "Trewhitt, High and Low, township, Rothbury par., Northumberland, 4 miles NW. of Rothbury, 1682 ac., pop. 98; contains Trewhitt House."
High and Low Trewhitt was a "double" township in the ancient parish of Rothbury and became a separate civil parish in 1866. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the area was absorbed into the parish of Netherton.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | High and Low Trewhitt, Northumberland, England | Coquetdale Ward, Northumberland, England | Rothbury, Northumberland, England | Rothbury Rural, Northumberland, England | Netherton, Northumberland, England