High Catton is a village in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is situated approximately 6 miles (9.7 km) north-west of the market town of Pocklington and about 1 mile (1.6 km) south of the village of Stamford Bridge. It lies 1 mile (1.6 km) to the east of the River Derwent.
Historically, High Catton was in the ecclesiastical parish of Low Catton in the wapentake of Harthill. From 1894 until 1935, High Catton was located in Pocklington Rural District. In 1935 High Catton and Low Catton merged to form the civil parish of Catton (near Pocklington).
In 1974 most of what had been the East Riding of Yorkshire was joined with the northern part of Lincolnshire to became a new English county named Humberside. The urban and rural districts of the former counties were abolished and Humberside was divided into non-metropolitan districts. The new organization did not meet with the pleasure of the local citizenry and Humberside was wound up in 1996. The area north of the River Humber was separated into two "unitary authorities"—Kingston-upon-Hull covering the former City of Hull and its closest environs, and the less urban section which, once again, named itself the East Riding of Yorkshire.