|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Newburn, Northumberland, England||ancient parish which covered part of the township|
|Ponteland, Northumberland, England||ancient parish which covered part of the township|
|Castle Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Castle Ward Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Ponteland, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of High Callerton from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "CALLERTON (High), a township in Ponteland and Newburn parishes, Northumberland; 7 miles NW by N of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. Acres: 798. Population: 97. Houses: 23."
High Callerton was a township on the boundaries of the ancient parishes of Newburn and Ponteland and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Castle Ward Rural District. In 1955 the civil parish was abolished and the whole of the area was absorbed into the parish of Ponteland.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | High Callerton, Northumberland, England | Newburn, Northumberland, England | Ponteland, Northumberland, England | Castle Ward, Northumberland, England | Castle Ward Rural, Northumberland, England