- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of High Buston from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "BUSTON (High and Low), two townships in Warkworth parish, Northumberland; on the Northeastern railway, between the Alne and the Coquet rivers, 4½ and 5½ miles SE of Alnwick. Acres: 706 and 870. Population: 120 and 129. Houses: 21 and 20."
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.