|Alt names||Hedecote||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 113|
|Hidcote-Bartrim||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Hidicote||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 113|
|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||Gloucestershire, England|
|See also||Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England||hundred in which the parish was located|
|Ebrington, Gloucestershire, England||parish into which it was absorbed in 1935|
|Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1935|
|North Cotswold Rural, Gloucestershire, England||rural district of which it was part 1935-1974|
|Cotswold (district), Gloucestershire, England||district municipality in which it has been located since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Hidcote Bartrim is a small village now in the civil parish of Mickleton in the Cotswold District of Gloucestershire, England. The nearest town is Chipping Campden, which is approximately 2.75 miles (4.43 km) south-west from the village. The village is on the Gloucestershire-Warwickshire border.
Hidcote Bartrim was a separate civil parish between 1866 and 1935. In 1935 it was absorbed into the parish of Ebrington and Ebrington was transferred from Campden Rural District to the newly-formed and larger North Cotswold Rural District. The merger of the enlarged parish into Mickleton is more recent and may have happened in 1974 when the municipal districts were organized.
Online sources which may also be helpful:
- GENUKI gives pointers to other archive sources as well as providing some details on each parish in the county. The emphasis here is on ecclesiastical parishes (useful before 1837)
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 and tables of the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The FamilySearch Wiki for Gloucestershire provides a similar but not identical series of webpages to that provided by GENUKI
- A Vision of Britain through Time has a group of pages of statistical facts for almost every parish in the county
- Unfortunately, A History of the County of Gloucester in the Victoria County History series provided by the website British History Online does not cover this part of the county
Categories: Gloucestershire, England | Kiftsgate (hundred), Gloucestershire, England | Campden Rural, Gloucestershire, England | North Cotswold Rural, Gloucestershire, England | Cotswold (district), Gloucestershire, England | Ebrington, Gloucestershire, England | Hidcote Bartrim, Gloucestershire, England | Mickleton, Gloucestershire, England