Place:Herndon, Northumberland, Pennsylvania, United States

Watchers


NameHerndon
TypeBorough
Coordinates40.704°N 76.843°W
Located inNorthumberland, Pennsylvania, United States
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia

Herndon, formerly Trevorton Junction, is a borough in Northumberland County, Pennsylvania, United States. Herndon was first founded by Robert A. Parrish in 1840. The town was later named for Naval commander William Lewis Herndon, who died in 1857 while trying to rescue passengers from his sinking ship. The population was 324 at the 2010 census.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at Herndon, Pennsylvania. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.