Heriot is a small village in the Moorfoot Hills southeast of Edinburgh, Scotland. It is now located within Eildon in the Scottish Borders Council Area. Until 1975 the village and the surrounding parish were in Midlothian
The village comprises some 150 dwellings, spread over a wide geographical area of around 50 square miles, most of which is moorland. Heriot had a railway and station from 1849 until the branch line closures in the 1960s caused the track to be removed. This line is currently being rebuilt.
Refer to the Parish of Heriot