Henshaw, Northumberland is a village in the north of England in the vicinity of the ancient Hadrian's Wall, widely acknowledged to be the most significant Roman monument in Britain. Henshaw had a population of 762 in the UK census of 2011.
Local genealogy places the Cowings, Lambs, Robsons and Dickinsons as some of the families well known in this locale at least since the 19th century. (Wikipedia sourced this fact from [www.bardonmillandhenshaw.org.uk a now defunct website].)
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Henshaw from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
Henshaw was a township in the ancient parish of Haltwhistle and became a separate civil parish in 1866. Henshaw continues to be a separate civil parish.