- source: GeoNames Geographical Database
An excerpt from the "About Us" page on the Hebron Baptist Church website on October 26, 2008. --Rharrison 23:31, 26 October 2008 (EDT)
Hebron Baptist Church is located in Appomattox, VA. Going east on 460, turn left just past the Concord fire department and rescue squad onto Route 608 (Stonewall Road). Go 2.5 miles and turn right onto Lyle Thomas Road. Go 2 miles and turn right at the yield sign onto Route 608 (Stonewall Road). Go 1.1 miles and Hebron Baptist Church will be on your left side. Signs are also posted along the way.
- 1849- Hebron is founded with 25 charter members.
- 1849-1951- Hebron belonged to various pastoral fields, having services only once or twice a month.
- 1896- A new sanctuary was built that is still in use today.
- 1902- Hebron bought 60 acres of land on which to build a parsonage. The land was also used for firewood and to pasture the pastor’s livestock.
- 1938- Additional Sunday school rooms were added to the church.
- 1942- Electricity was available to the church for the first time.
- 1951- The church voted to go full time.
- 1962- A basement was added.
- 1975- A new parsonage was built.
- 1988- A new fellowship hall and basement were built.
- 2000- The new basement was finished by members of the church to include Sunday school rooms, youth lounge and storage areas.
- 2007- A website was built.