|Alt names||Hebburn (near Morpeth)||source: from redirect|
|Type||Chapelry, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Bothal, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Morpeth Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Benridge, Northumberland, England||civil parish which it absorbed in 1955|
|Cockle Park, Northumberland, England||civil parish which it absorbed in 1955|
|High and Low Highlaws, Northumberland, England||civil parish which it absorbed in 1955|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: There is another Hebburn in the County Durham part of Tyne and Wear. It is much larger. The compiler also thinks there is a suburb of Newcastle upon Tyne by the same name.
There is also a place named Hepburn in northwestern Northumberland.
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Hebron (or Hebburn) from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HEBBURN, or Hebron, a township and a parish in Morpeth [registration] district, Northumberland. The township lies near the Northeastern railway, 2½ miles N of Morpeth; and includes a lofty eminence, called Hebburn-Shaw, which commands an extensive view, and was formerly used as an alarm beacon. Acres: 972. Population: 125. Houses: 19.
- "The parish contains also the townships of Cockle-Park, Tritlington, Earsdon, Earsdon-Forest, Fenrother, and Causey-Park. Post town, Morpeth. Acres: 7,696. Real property: £4,320. Population: 595. Houses: 108. The living is a [perpetual] curacy, annexed to the rectory of Bothal, in the diocese of Durham. The church was rebuilt in 1793.
Hebron was originally a chapelry in the ancient parish of Bothal. It continues to be a civil parish. In 1955 it absorbed the neighbouring civil parishes of Benridge, Cockle Park and High and Low Highlaws.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.