|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Bywell St. Peter, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Espershields, Northumberland, England||neighbouring parish which it absorbed in 1955|
|High Fotherley, Northumberland, England||neighbouring parish which it absorbed in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Healey is a rural estate and civil parish in
Northumberland, England, situated between Riding Mill to the north and Slaley to the south. St John's Parish Church was built in 1860. At the 2001 UK census, the parish had a population of 194, falling slightly to 191 at the 2011 UK census.
Healey was originally a township in the ancient parish of Bywell St. Peter. It became a separate civil parish in 1866, and remains a civil parish. In 1955 it absorbed the neighbouring civil parishes of Espershields and High Fotherley which were abolished.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.