|Alt names||Headbourn-Worthy||source: spelling variation|
|Ordie||source: Domesday Book (1985) p 123|
|Worthy Mortimer||source: manor in parish|
|Worthy Pauncefoot||source: manor in parish|
|Type||Parish (ancient), Civil parish|
|Located in||Hampshire, England|
|See also||Barton Stacey Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located before 1834|
|Fawley Hundred, Hampshire, England||ancient county division in which it was located after 1834|
|Winchester Rural, Hampshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Winchester District, Hampshire, England||district municipality covering the area since 1974|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is based on an article in Wikipedia
Headbourne Worthy (formerly Worthy Mortimer) is a village and former manor within the City of Winchester District of Hampshire, England. The parish also includes the former manor of Worthy Pauncefoot.
For more information, see the EN Wikipedia article Headbourne Worthy.
- Victoria County History of Hampshire, volume 4, chapter on Headbourne Worthy.
- GENUKI has a list of archive holders in Hampshire including the Hampshire Record Office, various museums in Portsmouth and Southhampton, the Isle of Wight Record Office and Archives.
- The Hampshire Online Parish Clerk project has a large collection of transcriptions from Parish Registers across Hampshire.
- A listing of all the Registration Districts in England and Wales since their introduction in 1837 together with tables listing the parishes that were part of each district and the time period covered, along with detailed notes on changes of parish name, mergers, etc. Do respect the copyright on this material.
- The three-storey City Museum in Winchester covers the Iron Age and Roman periods, the Middle Ages, and the Victorian period.
- Volumes in The Victoria County History Series are available for Hampshire through British History Online. There are three volumes and the county is covered by parishes within the old divisions of "hundreds".
- A collection of maps on the A Vision of Britain through Time website illustrating the English county of Hampshire over the period 1832-1932 (the last two are expandible):
- A group of maps of the post-1974 municipal districts or boroughs of Hampshire on Wikipedia Commons
Categories: Hampshire, England | Headbourne Worthy, Hampshire, England | Barton Stacey Hundred, Hampshire, England | Fawley Hundred, Hampshire, England | Winchester Rural, Hampshire, England | Winchester District, Hampshire, England