- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Hazardville Historic District in the Hazardville section of Enfield, Connecticut dates from 1835. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1980.
The district is an irregularly shaped area that surrounds two interior areas that are not historical and are not included in the district.
The four "dominant" buildings in the district are the school, the institute, the Episcopal Church, and the Methodist church. The Methodist church, built of brick and brownstone in 1872, is of Romanesque Revival style architecture (see accompanying photo #10) The
Hazardville Institute, 317 Hazard Street, is Italian-styled brownstone, and was built in 1869 (See accompanying photo#7).
Other significant contributing properties in the district include:
- 7 Cooper Street, from 1850
- 9 Cooper Street, from 1850
- 269-271 Hazard Street, Greek Revival from 1840, with additional Greek Revival wing added later
- 273-275 Hazard Street, vernacular with Greek Revival elements, from 1845
- 325 Hazard Street, 1850, Greek Revival and Italianate
- 329 Hazard Street, 1865, Italianate and Second Empire
- 353-355 Hazard Street, 1850, Greek Revival
- Town Hall, 359 Hazard Avenue, Renaissance Revival (but tower and pavilion replaced by an addition in 20th century)
- Old Methodist Church, 292-294-296-298 Hazard Avenue, c. 1830-1850, was prior Methodist church (see accompanying photo #9)
- 358 Hazard Avenue, 1850, Greek Revival
- Cedar Street Cemetery (see accompanying photo #8)
- St. Mary's Episcopal Church (see accompanying photo #11)
- Superintendent's House (see accompanying photo #15)
- Queen Anne house on School Street (see accompanying photo #17)
- Worker's house on Cedar Street (see accompanying photo #19)
- Cottage with wave molding (bargeboards) on South Maple Street (see accompanying photo #21)