Haworth is a small historic town in the City of Bradford metropolitan borough of West Yorkshire, England. Historically part of the West Riding of Yorkshire, it is located in the Pennines, southwest of Keighley and west of Bradford. The surrounding areas include Oakworth and Oxenhope. Nearby villages include Cross Roads, Stanbury and Lumbfoot.
Haworth is today a tourist destination known for its association with the Brontë sisters and its preserved heritage railway.
Haworth was an urban district under the West Riding of Yorkshire from 1894 until 1937 when the urban district was abolished and the area absorbed into Keighley. In the 19th century and before it was in the ecclesiastical parish of Bradford in the Morley division of Agbrigg and Morley Wapentake. The registration district was Keighley.
Further Notes from Wikipedia
Haworth is first mentioned as a settlement in 1209. The name may refer to a "hedged enclosure" or "hawthorn enclosure". The name was recorded as "Howorth" on a 1771 map.
The Brontë sisters were born in Thornton near Bradford, but wrote most of their novels while living at Haworth Parsonage when their father was the parson at the Church of St. Michael and All Angels. In the 19th century, the town and surrounding settlements were largely industrialised, which put it at odds with the popular portrayal in Wuthering Heights, which only bore resemblance to the upper moorland that Emily Brontë was accustomed to. The Parsonage is now a museum owned and maintained by the Brontë Society.