|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||West Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||West Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|Yorkshire, England |
|See also||Wharfedale Rural, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district of which it was a part 1894-1937|
|Aireborough, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||urban district of which it was part 1937-1974|
|Leeds (metropolitan borough), West Yorkshire, England||metropolitan borough in which it is now located.|
|Skyrack Wapentake, West Riding of Yorkshire, England||wapentake in which it was located|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Hawksworth is a small, early twentieth-century council estate in the Kirkstall area of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.
It is situated on a hill between West Park and Horsforth and is circled by Butcher Hill, the A65 and Vesper Road. Hawksworth comes under the LS5 Kirkstall postcode and is commonly known as The Hawk, The Hawkie or The Hawkie Estate
Hawksworth was a village located in Wharfedale Rural District in the West Riding of Yorkshire from 1894 until 1937. In 1937 it was divided between Baildon Urban District, Aireborough Urban District and Ilkley Urban District.
Since 1974 these three urban districts have become parts either of Bradford Metropolitan Borough or Leeds Metropolitan Borough.
Historically, Hawksworth was in the ecclesiastical parish of Otley and in the Upper Division of the wapentake of Skyrack.