|Alt names||East Hauxwell||source: maps, roadsigns, etc.|
|Hauxwell||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Hawkswell||source: Family History Library Catalog|
|Type||Village, Civil parish|
|Located in||North Riding of Yorkshire, England ( - 1974)|
|Also located in||Yorkshire, England |
|North Yorkshire, England (1974 - )|
|See also||Leyburn Rural, North Riding of Yorkshire, England||rural district of which the parish was a part 1894-1974|
|Richmondshire, North Yorkshire, England||district municipality in which it has been situated since 1974|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the text in this section is copied from an article in Wikipedia
Hauxwell or East Hauxwell is a village and civil parish in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire, England. It is located south of Catterick Garrison.
To the west of the village lies Hauxwell Hall, a 17th-century country house belonging to the Dalton family.
Prior to the nationwide municipal reorganization of 1974, Hauxwell or East Hauxwell was located in Leyburn Rural District. Historically, it was an ecclesiastical parish in the Hang West Wapentake.