|Name||Hatton (near Tarporley)|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Waverton, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a township until 1866|
|Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was situated|
|Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority in which it is located since 2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
NOTE: There is another place named Hatton in the north of Cheshire in Warrington.
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Hatton is a civil parish in the Borough of Cheshire West and Chester and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. According to the 2001 Census, it had a population of 120. The parish includes Hatton Hall and most of the village of Hatton Heath.
Hatton was a township in the ancient parish of Waverton.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Broxton Hundred, Cheshire, England | Tarvin Rural, Cheshire, England | Cheshire West and Chester District, Cheshire, England | Waverton, Cheshire, England | Hatton (near Tarporley), Cheshire, England