Place:North Weald Bassett, Essex, England

Watchers
NameNorth Weald Bassett
Alt namesNorth Weald-Bassettsource: Family History Library Catalog
Waldasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 104
Wallasource: Domesday Book (1985) p 104
TypeCivil parish
Coordinates51.717°N 0.167°E
Located inEssex, England
See alsoEpping Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1894-1955
Epping and Ongar Rural, Essex, Englandrural district of which it was part 1955-1974
Epping Forest (district), Essex, Englanddistrict municipality covering the area since 1974
source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
source: Family History Library Catalog


the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia

North Weald Bassett is a civil parish in the Epping Forest district of Essex, England. Other than the village of North Weald it also includes Foster Street, Hastingwood, Thornwood, Thornwood Common and Tyler's Green. It is a rural parish located approximately 20 miles northeast of London. As at the 2001 census the population was 6,039. There were 2,387 households, with an average household size of 2.45.

The parish was part of the Epping Rural District from 1894 until 1955, the Epping and Ongar Rural District from 1955 to 1974, and since 1974 it has been located in the Epping Forest District of Essex. In 1949 it gained substantial area when the neighbouring parishes of Latton and Great Parndon were absorbed into it.

Research Tips


This page uses content from the English Wikipedia. The original content was at North Weald Bassett. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with WeRelate, the content of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.