- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Hassingham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HASSINGHAM, a parish in Blofield [registration] district, Norfolk; on the Norwich and Yarmouth railway, adjacent to the river Yare, near Buckenham [railway] station, 7½ miles ESE of Norwich. Post town: Cantley, under Norwich. Acres: 574. Real property: £970. Population: 118. Houses: 23. The property is divided among three. The manor belongs to Sir T. B. Proctor Beauchamp, Bart. The living is a rectory, annexed to the rectory of Buckenham, in the diocese of Norwich. The church has a circular tower, and was recently repaired. Charitics, £3 and an alms house."
In 1935 Hassingham parish was abolished and absorbed into the neighbouring parish of Strumpshaw.
- GENUKI provides a list of references for Hassingham. Some entries lead to free online transcriptions of registers and censuses.