|Alt names||Bradeley Fields||source: hamlet in parish|
|Clayhanger||source: hamlet in parish|
|Far Heath||source: hamlet in parish|
|Kents Green||source: hamlet in parish|
|Oakhanger||source: hamlet in parish|
|Winterley||source: hamlet in parish|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Cheshire, England|
|See also||Barthomley, Cheshire, England||ancient parish of which it was a township|
|Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England||hundred in which it was located|
|Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England||rural district in which it was located 1894-1974|
|Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
|Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England||district municipality and unitary authority covering the area since 2009|
- source: Getty Thesaurus of Geographic Names
- source: Family History Library Catalog
- the following text is based on an article in Wikipedia
Haslington is a village and civil parish in the unitary authority of Cheshire East and the ceremonial county of Cheshire, England. It lies about 2 miles (3 km) north-east of the much larger railway town of Crewe and approximately 4 miles (6.5 km) south of Sandbach. The village is also a close neighbour to a number of small towns and villages (including Alsager and Wheelock, and is approximately 6 miles (9 km) from the Elizabethan market town of Nantwich.
- GENUKI provides the following information
Haslington was a township in Barthomley ancient parish in Nantwich Hundred which became a civil parish in 1866. The ancient parish church for the township of Haslington was St. Bertoline's in Barthomley. St. Matthew (Church of England) in Haslington village became the district church in 1860. From 1952 Christ Church in Alsager became the district church for part of Haslington parish.
There were also the following churches and chapels:
- Haslington, Baptist Union Chapel. Founded in 1884, the chapel was opened in 1887 and closed in 1971. Registers of marriages 1908-71 are at the Cheshire Record Office.
- Haslington, Free Gospel Mission. Built in 1870.
- Winterley, Methodist Chapel (Primitive). Built in 1834.
- Haslington, Methodist Chapel (Wesleyan). Built in 1909.
- Haslington, United Reformed Church (Independent/Congregational). Built in 1810.
In 1936 the civil parish was extended to include the hamlet of Wheelock Heath, formerly in Wheelock parish. It includes the hamlets of Bradeley Fields, Clayhanger, Far Heath, Kents Green, Oakhanger and Winterley. The population was 677 in 1801, 1153 in 1851, 1791 in 1901, 3223 in 1951, and 6781 in 2001.
- The GENUKI and UKBMD pages on Cheshire and its parishes point to many other sources of information on places within the county. The many small parishes and townships that existed before 1866 are treated individually as well as the larger towns and conurbations.
- A Vision of Britain through Time provides a series of maps from the Ordnance Survey illustrating the towns and villages of Cheshire and also the borders between parishes. The following group of maps provide views of the county at various dates, illustrating the changes in administrative structure.
- Cheshire Archives and Local Studies have organized a facility to compare 19th century maps (including tithe maps circa 1830) with modern Ordnance Survey maps. These are available for every civil parish. The detail is very magnified and it is difficult to read any placenames on the older maps. Cheshire Archives and Local Studies are the local keepers of historical material for the county.
Categories: Cheshire, England | Haslington, Cheshire, England | Barthomley, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Hundred, Cheshire, England | Nantwich Rural, Cheshire, England | Crewe and Nantwich District, Cheshire, England | Cheshire East District, Cheshire, England