A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Hartley Burn from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72: HARTLEY-BURN, a township in Haltwhistle parish, Northumberland; on Hartley rivulet, 2½ miles S of Haltwhistle. Acres: 2,676. Population: 439. Houses: 76.
Hartley Burn was a township in the ancient parish of Haltwhistle and became a separate civil parish in 1866. It remains a separate civil parish.
Halton Lea Gate is a small Northumberland village, situated on the A689 road close to the boundary of the counties of Northumberland and Cumbria. The village is part of the parish council area called Hartleyburn. (Source: Wikipedia)