|Alt names||Hartleyburn||source: spelling variation|
|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England||ancient parish in which it was a township|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient county division in which it was located|
|Haltwhistle Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1974|
|Tynedale District, Northumberland, England||district municipality covering the area 1974-2009|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Hartley Burn from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HARTLEY-BURN, a township in Haltwhistle parish, Northumberland; on Hartley rivulet, 2½ miles S of Haltwhistle. Acres: 2,676. Population: 439. Houses: 76."
Hartley Burn was a township in the ancient parish of Haltwhistle and became a separate civil parish in 1866. From 1894 it was part of Haltwhistle Rural District. In 1974 rural districts were abolished and Hartley Burn became part of the Tynedale District until 2009 when Northumberland became a unitary authority.
Halton Lea Gate is a small Northumberland village, situated on the A689 road close to the boundary of the counties of Northumberland and Cumbria. The village is part of the parish council area called Hartleyburn. (Source: Wikipedia)
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Hartley Burn, Northumberland, England | Haltwhistle, Northumberland, England | Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England | Haltwhistle Rural, Northumberland, England | Tynedale District, Northumberland, England