|Type||Township, Civil parish|
|Located in||Northumberland, England|
|See also||Bolam, Northumberland, England||ancient parish of which it was part|
|Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England||ancient division in which it was located|
|Castle Ward Rural, Northumberland, England||rural district of which it was part 1894-1955|
|Belsay, Northumberland, England||civil parish into which it was transferred in 1955|
- source: Family History Library Catalog
A Vision of Britain through Time provides the following description of Harnham from John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales of 1870-72:
- "HARNHAM, a township in Bolam parish, Northumberland; 8 miles SW of Morpeth. Acres: 679. Population: 45. Houses: 12. Harnham Castle was the seat of the Babingtons, one of whom was governor of Berwick in the time of Charles II.; it was a place of great strength, situated on a height, defended by a morass, a steep glacis, and a high range of sandstone rocks; and considerable remains of it exist at the back of a modern mansion."
Harnham was a township in the ancient parish of Bolam and became a separate civil parish in 1866. The civil parish was abolished and the area absorbed into Belsay in 1955.
- Northumberland Archives previously known as Northumberland Collections Service and Northumberland County Record Office. Now based within Woodhorn Museum in Ashington and providing free access to numerous records for local and family historians alike.
- Full postal address: Museum and Northumberland Archives, Queen Elizabeth II Country Park, Ashington, Northumberland, NE63 9YF; Phone: 01670 624455
- There is a branch office in Berwick upon Tweed.
Categories: Northumberland, England | Harnham, Northumberland, England | Bolam, Northumberland, England | Tynedale Ward, Northumberland, England | Castle Ward Rural, Northumberland, England | Belsay, Northumberland, England